OSHA opens investigation at Frito Lay in Topeka

Updated: May. 14, 2021 at 12:32 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - OSHA has opened an investigation at Frito Lay after reports of a temporary worker injuring her leg while operating a forklift on the job.

The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration has told 13 NEWS that it has opened an investigation with Capstone Logistics, LLC and Frito Lay after reports that a temporary employee was injured on the job while operating a forklift.

According to OSHA, it has 6 months to complete its investigation, issue citations and propose penalties if it finds violations of safety and health regulations during the inspection.

OSHA said when it conducts an investigation it looks at imminent danger situations, which are hazards that can cause serious injury or even death, severe injuries and illnesses, which employers are required to report, worker complaints, referrals, targeted inspections, which are aimed at specific high-hazard industries or workplaces that see high rates of injuries and lastly, follow up inspections.

For more information, click HERE.

Copyright 2021 WIBW. All rights reserved.

Frito Lay
Forklift incident heightens concerns raised in Frito-Lay pickets

Union workers at Frito-Lay claim a meeting with a federal mediator was not enough to settle their differences with the company.

Federal mediator needed in Frito-Lay contract battle with union workers

Contract negotiations between union workers at Frito-Lay and the company have reached a point where a federal mediator will be brought in to help reach an agreement.

Frito-Lay workers picket ahead of meeting with federal mediator

Ahead of a meeting with a federal mediator, supporters of a union representing hundreds of Frito-Lay’s workers picketed outside the plant Monday to send a message to both the company and the consumer.

Frito Lay Union disputes continue with more pickets outside the plant

Union workers at Topeka’s Frito Lay plant continue contract negotiations with the company after mediation meetings at the end of March didn’t settle disputes.