Eighth person arrested in connection with shooting at the Victoria’s Bar
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - An eighth person has been arrested in connection with a shooting at a bar in South Topeka.
The Shawnee Co. Sheriff’s Office announced on its Twitter page the arrest of another person in association with a shooting at the Victoria’s Bar.
The Sheriff’s Office says Brandon M. Gehrke, 31, of Topeka, has a warrant for his arrest and “has been additionally charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal discharge of a firearm.” The Shawnee Co. Dept. of Corrections website states Gehrke was booked into Shawnee Co. Jail on Wednesday, May 24. Gehrke has no bond listed.
UPDATE #4 –Additional Arrest— Shawnee Co. Sheriff (@ShawneeSheriff) May 25, 2023
An additional individual has been arrested in association with this shooting:
▪️Brandon M. Gehrke, 31, of Topeka, had a warrant for his arrest & has been additionally charged with aggravated assault & criminal discharge of a firearm. https://t.co/X556ZYHYP4 pic.twitter.com/yDgyfbkuBP
Gehrke was arrested in connection to a shooting in the parking lot of Victoria’s Bar on Sunday, May 14, that left one person with gunshot wounds to the head and torso.
Investigators arrived at the scene and found over 75 shell casings in the bar parking lot.
The Shawnee Co. Sheriff’s Office said an unspecified 41-year-old man engaged in a verbal altercation with a group of individuals allegedly associated with the Hell’s Lovers Motorcycle Group.
Then several gunshots were exchanged. During the shooting, authorities determined that a vehicle pulled into the parking lot to pick up a bar employee was hit by gunfire, and the driver was struck. The driver fled the scene.
Officials later found the driver and transported the gunshot victim to a local hospital for treatment, who has since been released.
Seven others previously arrested in connection with the shooting are:
- Leon D. Smith-Love I., 28, of Topeka, has been charged with aggravated assault, criminal possession of a weapon, and criminal discharge of a firearm
- Kathryn R. Hazelwood, 26, of Topeka, has been charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Charles D. Wheat, 42, of Topeka, has been charged with aggravated assault and criminal discharge of a firearm
- Jason M. Blenden Sr., 49, of Topeka, was booked in on an arrest warrant
- Storm M. Morgan, 30, of Meriden, Kan., has been charged with criminal discharge of a firearm
- Shawn M. Ray, 39, of Topeka, has been charged with criminal discharge of a firearm, aggravated assault, and interference with law enforcement
- Caleb L. Conway, 41, of Topeka, booked on a felony arrest warrant
Authorities say Victoria’s Bar shooting stemmed from verbal altercation with motorcycle group
The Shawnee Co. Sheriff’s Office has released a summary of events for the Sunday, May 14 shooting at Victoria’s Bar.
2 more arrests made in Victoria’s Bar shooting totaling 6 in all
Two more arrests have been made in connection to the shooting at Victoria’s Bar bringing the total number of those accused of being involved to six.
Investigation yields arrest of 4 after 75+ casings left in S. Topeka bar shooting
Four people have been arrested in connection to a shooting at Victoria’s Bar in South Topeka that left one man with gunshot wounds to his head and torso.
75+ casings found after man shot in head, torso at S. Topeka bar
More than 75 shell casings were found and multiple suspects are being sought after a man was shot in the head and torso in the parking lot of a South Topeka bar.
Copyright 2023 WIBW. All rights reserved.